So, what are the best squat shoes?
…it depends on your goal
… Olympic Powerlifting?
Weightlifting Shoes for Squats (powerlifting)- requirements
- Medium Height and Solid Heels- positions your feet and body in a balanced and stable position which will maximize your lifting power and enable deeper squats. Cushion heels will absorb force instead of transferring it to the floor…You don’t want that for powerlifting
- Extra Wide – allows your toes to spread out instead of being squished together. This gives your feet a better stance for stability and comfort
- Rigid Sole – more foot support for even force exertion, transfer and stability
- Wide Strap Fastener – quick and secure fastening of the shoe provides an “lock down” fit.
- Breathable Upper – permits air circulation for better comfort
Best Squat Shoes for Olympic Powerlifting
…Adidas Powerlift 3.1
Powerlift 3.1 Features
- Synthetic – breathable and durable upper
- Hight Density Synthetic sole – transfers maximum force directly to the floor – permits greater lifts
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- Lightweight synthetic leather upper for ankle support and durability
- Air mesh collar, tongue and lining for maximum breathability
- Open forefoot structure and flexible toe for enhanced comfort and breathability
Adidas Powerlift 3.1 Reviews
“I’ve been lifting seriously for a little over two years now but never came around to buying power lifting shoes because I felt like I should squat as much as I can “naturally” without any help. Well I got to a point where my form started to break down under heavier weight because I couldnt reach a depth that was comfortable with my legs and hips without leaning too forward and compromising my lower back. Since trying these shoes I’ve had to amazing squat sessions and my ankles couldn’t be happier. My technique is a bit more cleaner and I’m coming out of the hole much more faster thanks to the extra mobility I get from the raised heel.”
“Creates a stable foot base when lifting, especially heavier weight. Comfortable like normal adidas shoes. Eliminates the sway/ creep you feel in cross trainers or running shoes when lifting. They really help especially when your mentally focusing on proper movement and muscle targeting.”
“These were my first pair of lifting shoes and after looking at every pair out their I decided to not go all out on my first pair in case I didn’t like them. These got decent reviews so I pulled the trigger. They keep me way more stable doing squats. I feel like it’s easier to get lower with these and I was immediately able to push 15-20lbs more on squat. I would buy these again.”
“Used for 10 squat sessions and wow what a difference. These did NOT increase my lift however the stability I gained and the sure surefootedness is incredible. Purchased a 13.5 since I wear a 13w dead on fit. Also noticed knee not as sore when I went max weight. Really balances lift and you can feel the weight during the lift balanced better throughout lower body.”